shabby blogs

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Brush with Famousness

For a short time I'm going to turn my blog away from what's going on with my writing career toward a new hobby--Reality TV. 
Come on, admit it. You watch it too.
There's a new show on Lifetime, called Under the Gunn that I'm particularly interested in right now. 
Hey, writing about TV is writing. Don't judge me.

I have the best possible reason for obsessing about a fashion design show: my nephew Sam Donovan is one of the 15 designers!
He's not my nephew as in he-lives-in-another-state-and-we're-blood-relatives-but-I-don't-really-know-him. No. Sammy's my nephew as in:
He's like a big brother to my son. At our Donovan family holidays, Sam plays games with Peter, like basketball and hide and seek and anything else that will entertain his little cousin. Peter is the youngest of all 13 cousins, and everyone else is a teenager or older. But Sammy is always ready to join Peter in leaving the dessert table and heading for the play room with tons of energy and a mischievous grin.
Honestly, I don't know which of them has more fun.

It's so weird to see the clips of Sam on the Lifetime website. On one clip, he's the one cringing into his jean jacket. I can't imagine what it will be like to see Sam on TV.
As, like, a person on TV.

We're letting Peter stay up late to watch Sammy on Thursdays from now on. I think a tired boy on Friday is worth it.

Have a great MLK weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. How exciting for the whole family! Best of luck to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exciting. I've never heard of the show, but maybe I'll watch it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's super fun! We have some friends who got a kitchen make-over from DIY "I Hate My Kitchen" and are waiting for the episode to air.

    ReplyDelete